Monday, November 06, 2006

Recovery Operation 2

As I mentioned in Scar Wars 2 - the operation wasn't really meant to be that but when I left the Hospital I didn't feel as bad as I thought I should have done. The first few days were pretty similar with the blood and ooze and all that though.

But this time, I didn't feel half so knocked out and after a few days and the weekend I started to get back and involved in work occasionally and kept up the regime of drinking plenty of water and so on. The problem this time is more one of aches and pains, far more so than last time where a small movement would start you off bleeding again, this time that didn't always happen but I actually felt (and still do) my sides aching so that warned me not to overdo it.

I questioned my Consultant and the word is that different people react different ways and there wasn't a problem with this. The one major difference with the second operation was that they had been able to get a full look at the bladder and so had pulled me about a lot more than the first time.

This time I found driving very difficult and also my memory (both short and long term) and ability to string together coherent sentences was seriously curtailed. Other than that, the second recuperation went really well, I hardly sat down in front of the TV at all and spent more time trying to do work and picking up on things I should have done over the past couple of months.

There is not a lot more to say other than that you fall into a routine with these and you learn from the first one what to expect and adjust as you go on. Good luck to you in your recovery. Remember it is also part of the healing process, don't think you can "leap tall buildings" a few days after you are released from Hospital - it just won't happen.