Friday, July 04, 2008

My Birthday

I was out last night with some friends. Oysters and a nice Lebanese Red Wine to wash them down, a Turkish restaurant and then home. I could have done with out the Turkish Chili sauce.

A nice evening, I'm up early but not sure if I will feel able to continue to work a whole day. I managed that (and a bit more) yesterday. It was a long old day and a committee meeting in the afternoon dragged on far too long.

So after 2 years? I'm alright now and having turned the corner don't think much about BC apart from this blog and some of the times I get tired or have to have some tests, treatments or other stuff done.

I think that setting some targets to achieve has got to be the way forward now as I'd hate to get over this, do nothing and letting my guard down somehow get a recurrence. Moving on is what is needed and I fully intend to do that.

4 comments:

Steve Kelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Kelley said...

Happy Birthday, mate! While you don't know me, your blog has been very helpful to me. I have the same disease, staging, general therapy, and prognosis going on, about 15 months behind you. Had my very first BCG yesterday. My blog is a bit different, as befits my quirky personality. The curious may check it out at http://gotbladdercancer.blogspot.com/

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve

Thanks - loved reading your blog too - good luck in your journey. It can be pretty daunting times and I had all the work problems at the same time which didn't help :-) However, new job, getting better and seeing a future and being able to move on are good goals to work towards. Sometimes you feel that you are getting nowhere, my blog is good as I can go back 6 months or a year and see what a mess I was in back there and how far I have come on.

All the best for your treatments. They aren't nice but they worked their magic for me.

Steve Kelley said...

Thanks ADR,

Being made redundant in the midst of all this must have been a crushing blow. Yet it has all worked out for the better, thanks in large part to the positive attitude one gets about every day of life. Glad to see you are doing so well, and hoping to be right along with you in due time!