Saturday, July 05, 2008

Another good site to help us Bladder Cancer Warriors

Try this site which has some great pictures and a lovely "off the wall" sense of humour (or should that be humor) to cheer up and chase away those cancer blues.

http://gotbladdercancer.blogspot.com/

The journey has its ups and downs but you need to see the funny side in it as well and to keep your spirits up.

Someone asked me at work why I was always happy and that they have never seen me moody or upset or angry. The answer is easy - I'm alive! I'm getting better! I didn't think I was going to be here 2 years ago! The answer is that everything has a positive and adding that to the previous three statements makes for being happy and communicating that to everyone you meet.

Having a job that I thoroughly enjoy, people who are a joy to work with, whose idea of a deadline and pressure are far removed from my experience of what those particular words mean also makes it interesting and for me to be happy too.

1 comment:

Steve Kelley said...

Thanks for the very kind words ADR. I was asked the same question at work, and the answer is essentially the same,"Every day is a good day." Even when annoying things happen, each day can be appreciated for itself - another day to enjoy being alive. And the positive attitude can indeed turn things around. My favorite example is HERE.

Feel free to comment on my blog, especially if I've missed a point or have something wrong!