Monday, September 23, 2013

A Long Night

I arrived early having walked 3 miles in around 60 minutes and then we partied hard until around 1:30 when I walked home for another hour or so, slightly faster than the amble home.  It was quite good as I had my MP3 player blasting out tunes and it sobered me up a bit too.  I slept in - I was shattered - I reckon I did a good 3 miles on Friday delivering those directories and a further 6 miles on Saturday but it is all good exercise and I did enjoy myself.

Today, not so much.  I had to give some bad news to the girls and as I was about to tell them the doorbell rang and so I'd only got out that I had some bad news and after 3 or 4 minutes when I'd got back to the subject.  After I'd said what I had to say the youngest burst into tears, not because of what I'd said but she had thought my cancer had come back bless her.  Which started me off!  I hadn't even thought that me getting them together like that would have made one of their minds think like that.  Anyway, she's OK thank goodness - I now know that perhaps they didn't let on much at all when I was ill and perhaps it was all bottled up.  I had never liked the fact that no one seemed that interested I suppose they just got on with their own lives.

I'm still quite choked up just thinking about it, she is such a lovely girl and a little sensitive soul and it took me aback.  

No comments: