Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Margate - Again

Two years sure comes around fast and this weekend is Margate weekend once again.  I do enjoy going there with an old friend and we have has some funny experiences there.  this is our 3rd time at this particular Hotel and it is pretty quirky half museum half Hotel but it is great fun.  So I reckon we have been doing this for 12 years as I'm sure I missed one.

We head off on Friday and go out Friday night for some beers and a meal.  We have the big meeting on Saturday starting in the early morning and going through to the late afternoon.  We then have a short while to get back to the Hotel, get changed and have some drinks on the Terrace before heading off to Broadstairs to enjoy an evening meal and some more beers :-)

Looking forward to getting away and some R&R I have to say.  It will be nice to get out and about with my mate for a few days if nothing else.

I've finally sorted out my business ideas and had a meeting with my friend who's idea it was.  The trouble is that he cannot actually deliver on the service and neither will he quit and setup the business with me.  So that means I'll have to go and do it by myself.  Not a problem but I now need to invest a fair amount - more than I wanted - but I suppose the rewards are better.  I can then sub contract out work to him as and when needed.  I just need to position this right with him.  It's a risk to me of course but I don't want to upset the guy when it was his idea and it looks as if I am virtually stealing it from him.  Anyway - it just gives me a different investment and risk profile to work on.

Trying to set up a business bank account was fraught - jeez - the web site is confusing - the personnel didn't know what paperwork I'd brought in and I'm waiting for them to phone me back now.  Crazy!


No comments: