Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Walking in the woods

They say is good for the soul and so it seems it is.  I do versions of my circular walk around the village and it is great it helps me to do some of the repair work I know is necessary.  There was just one or two people on the whole of the walk and the sun was out warming and pleasant.  I was able to spend time in some of the larger fields just on my own just eyes closed and listening to the environment.  

I'm no tree hugger but I do find that this getting out of the house and into the country which is easy for me being 5 minutes away, allows me to just get some perspective.  For yet again this urgent requirement for people has now lasted 4 weeks - so how urgent is it really (although most of Europe appears to have been away on holiday).  I chased it this morning as a matter of courtesy and they say there is no news and will keep me informed.  Oh well let's see what happens there.  I have a plan B - I will just need to instigate it but would rather get a job like this one and just move it on from there.  Life is complicated enough at the moment as it is.

Oh well - my choice :-)  

So get yourself into the woods, listen to yourself breathing and listen to whats around you then take it all in without thinking about it - see what that does to you.  So look but don't theorise or name things, don't judge, just be still - see what happens.  

No comments: