Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fit - to drop :-)

Yikes - well I delivered close to 500 Yellow Pages to households in 5 different locations.  I did - I guess - around 5 hours work but lugging around a trolley load of directories is pretty hard work.  I actually quite enjoyed being out in the fresh air and also meeting people and also doing the job well.  It was nice to go into some of the shops and businesses and actually hand them their directories and have pleases and thank yous and pleasantries exchanged.  So that made me feel good.  Not so good is the legs and back feeling like they might seize up but it is all good exercise and got me out of the house.  It also means I can get an idea for how long it takes to deliver things door to door as I'm thinking of using a leaflet campaign to launch my business locally.  It makes sense to be able to have a local business on the one hand supporting my more global business on the other.

I have a feeling that the local business may be better than the other :-)

It was good as well to spend time enjoying the work and getting satisfaction from doing something quite mundane and yet - if you focus on doing the job properly, nicely, with the right attitude then there comes a peacefulness about it.


No comments: