Thursday, April 24, 2014

St. George's Day

It was a difficult start to the morning as we arrived at our station to change to trains to find nothing going on, trains delayed etc.  Someone had been hit or taken their life at a station up the way and so we were delayed.  The great British public can be insensitive at these sorts of times one chap complaining about the lack of correlation between what the driver was saying and what was on the notice boards.  Somewhere some family were just finding out that someone was dead.  

So we were a bit late but that didn't stop us enjoying our day out at The George, Southwark and Langan's Brasserie.

We were home by 9 p.m. we are probably getting too old for the 2 a.m. return from these sorts of things.

I spoke to P yesterday to see how she was.  She is in today to have her detached retina fixed so I imagine she won't be allowed to drive or do many other things for a while.  I've offered her my services if she needs them.  I do feel sorry for her, she hardly needs another problem in her life.

As for me - I'm OK, almost there now, almost have the website built too so I'm happy about that.  Hopefully I can set to work in the next few days.

No comments: