Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How annoying

Better find it now than later I suppose.  I have been transferring video from DV 8mm tape onto my PC and found a program that does this for me.  It worked fine until I used the Digital Films which are great as they stamp date and time on but they also load up as separate video clips at each cut in the tape.  Again, no problem as it helps to find places for chapters etc.  What it does though is truncates the audio file on the first clip which means the first clip on the film has video only and no sound.  I wouldn't mind but I'm some 20 hours in advance loading films to producing them and to have found out this glitch is a real pain in the arse.

I am now trying to capture directly into the production software to see if this will work.  It means an even more convoluted routine otherwise to capture video and then edit it!  It's a real nuisance as it means I am limited to the way I work to produce DVDs.

I suppose it is lucky that I found it out now. I've just finished sorting out my mum's negatives they came to over 2,500!  

I've been a busy boy today, shopping early, three loads of washing and now re-doing the videos.  

I've ordered plenty of meat from my supplier for next week and will get that and freeze it all ready for summer - I've got a number of half price steaks and loads of cheap chicken breasts, cheaper to buy in bulk of 5kg a time and I have bought 40 steaks of between 6 and 7 oz each, 2.5 kg of bacon etc.  It makes sense to buy in bulk and freeze so I can just pull it out when I need it.

I'm still having the odd wobbly time doing these DVDs because they are of the kids when they were younger and the nostalgia trip they invoke.  Of course most of the videos are going to be of good times, on a canal boat, on a cruise, by the seaside and so on.  I have to say that the sadness really is about how it could possibly have got from those happy days to where it ended up.  

I'm not unhappy at the moment at all, in fact I'm pretty happy but I do miss being in the same house with Mrs. F. and the girls.  Here isn't the same and I'm on my own a fair bit.  So perhaps I miss the company although, I know people locally and I can get out of here whenever I want to, if I want to.  

Mrs. F. wondered what "I" might want to do next and I really hadn't thought that through.  I said I'd think and get back to her after Easter.  It would be about 3 months then and so perhaps we could agree something to move forward?  I hadn't really given it any thought as I'm too busy being single!

No comments: