Sunday, August 30, 2026

Another Insect Bite! It's The Year For Them Apparently!

 The insect repellent / killer arrived but I managed to get bitten anyway and saw the culprit before the plug-in was installed!  Apparently a bad year for insect bites!  The outdoor camera didn't capture me falling over yesterday on the slippery path - the delivery driver had not shut the gate properly and as I retrieved the package and went to shut the gate my plastic clogs slipped in the wet (yes it rained at last) and I fell very heavily against the gate which I managed to hold on to but nearly broke my new spectacles and left me with aching ribs, a dent in my arm and wondering how I got away with the second fall this month? 

So my lesson was to sort out my footwear in the wet and be very careful on the path.  I probably need to give it a good clean down but of course we aren't allowed to use water like that in these drought conditions!

I am up early as the outdoor camera decided to go into crazy alert mode and started pinging alerts on the phone(s) so by the time the 6th or 7th alert had gone off I was fully awake.  Nothing much on the camera record though.  Some random 4 am recording but that was it.  As I got downstairs there was an empty toilet roll cardboard tube in the middle of the floor which was a bit strange and made me check out the mouse traps but nothing there so a mystery.

I am sort of OK head-wise at the moment albeit it, some of the dread arises which I can tackle for now,  I am managing a clearer head which is good. The leg cramp I got yesterday is still giving me little reminders and is still quite tender.  

It's Bank Holiday Sunday and the weather looks surprisingly good albeit late afternoon could see more rain.  With the humidity still a little high, getting things done indoors (and out) is a little difficult but I can at least do some bits today and start making a dent in the to-do list which grows longer by the day.

No comments: