I suppose retirement allows you not to do something as well as allowing you to just ignore chores! Sometimes though I just cannot bring myself around to doing what I should do..
It seems the height of laziness but honestly in the heat we've been having it really is too oppressive to work.
Talking of heat it was really hot yesterday and I took myself on a 45 minutes (each way) walk to get my new glasses. They are really good but took a lot of getting used to as my prescription has changed a lot. It did feel strange walking back with them on. I really felt it when I got home and needed a long sit down.
Getting used to the glasses was strange, things looked quite different but this morning they lare working a treat. The bad news is that overnight I have been bitten (again) and this time it is right on my knuckles causing one of my fingers to swell. I've put some cream on and will take a histamine (or is it anti histamine) and see if that solves the swelling. Being on the knuckle every time you bend your finger it is painful.
That's all for now, we are off for a few days and hopefully it will improve my demeanour.
No comments:
Post a Comment