Saturday, August 29, 2026

Hasn't Happened For A Long Time

 The up and downside.  I managed to actually go back to sleep and woke just before the alarm went but it was a huge cramp attack that did it and it was mighty painful - woke up the OH too which wasn't to plan either.  It still hurts some 45 minutes later.  I cannot recall having quite such a bad attack in recent years albeit I did have them many years ago.

On top of that we have been bitten again by some mosquitoes or bugs.  Apparently there are lots this year and shops are selling out of the itch cream - luckily I have some but poor OH has really been bitten bless her.  I have a plug in coming today which I hope will sort that out as it appears to be overnight we get attacked.  I killed one the other day and the amount of blood splattered over my hand was quite alarming.

I'm hopeful that I can start attacking the pile of paperwork on my desk not the weather appears to have broken.  I am going to be ruthless and just get rid of things that I no longer need or want.  The NAS had a HDD failure which I hope is being fixed with a new HDD and it is going through its rebuilding cycle.  

That's another thing to sort out too. All the company IT stuff - well it's actually mine but was used for the company.  I hope that I can just keep my concentration and stop the apathy of the last 4 or 5 months.  

Retirement has come as an out of the blue shock to me really.  I think I am on terms with it now and start to move on.  I have no plan (which being an INTJ is hard) and so I'll have to see where this takes me.  

No comments: