Thursday, August 13, 2026

Falling Over - Lucky Not To Have Broken Something I guess

 So yesterday was the day we tackled the Wisteria that had grown rampant and invaded our roof, blocking light from the windows and I managed to get up the steps and pull it down then clip it as best as I could.  Getting some sort of insect bite for my troubles to add to the other recent ones!  Right on my side just above the waistline.

The steps were a little rickety but I wasn't taking any chances with them and did everything in as safe a manner as I could.  I got inside and cooked by breakfast/lunch on'y for my chair to collapse and throw me backwards as the left leg collapsed.  I didn't break anything apart from the chair and it did hurt - a scrape across my arm and this morning of course, aching legs and arms, left shoulder and collarbone feel bruised and my waist feels like I've done something to that as well.  At least I didn't break anything I guess.

An evening interrupted by the eclipse and many people in the field next to us watching it - it started around 6 pm so the sun was low in the sky anyway and we were lucky in as much as we have a Balcony so could see it longer.  Some idiot had his dog off the lead in a field full of sheep!  What is wrong with people?  Luckily he managed to call it back and with the risks of wildfires raised through the drought managed to have a smoke (or it looked like it it may have been a vape).  Sometimes you wonder how people like that managed to live into adulthood?  We've lost our connection to common sense.

Up a little early around 6 and my daughter travelling abroad received our electronic cards for her birthday. She is on a world wide trip and is currently working her way through Canada down to the USA.  

It is going to be very hot today up in the high 30s and so that is going to take some getting used to.  I've been hotter when I was in France many years ago and Spain too but this is exceptional for the UK I have to say and indeed the whole of Europe.  What it does do, if expose the media for their doom mongering, catastrophic headlines, but I suppose if they were to change their click bait, headline grabbing and, let's face it, money making narrative, they'd go out of business.  I doubt any of them would make money if they were to only report good news?

I need to get off to somewhere a little cooler than my office for sure.  I'm aching all over the place at the moment too which makes me go ouch whenever I climb or descend the stairs or sit or get up!  Poor old bloke!  But at least nothing is broken.   

No comments: