Hot nights means a different thing these days. It was hot and my cooler did well to keep blowing cold air last night. Not A/C which, perhaps, we should invest in
The Government used the alert system on lots of peoples phones yesterday scaring a lot of them. I turned mine off when they first suggested it so I only heard it on the live Cricket commentary going off with the commentators and also the crowd.
Were they warning about invasion or some such? No they were telling everyone it is hot and to not use disposable BBQs. Socialism. Agreed though that people have always been terminally stupid when it comes to such things. The country is a tinderbox at the moment and so leaving a BBQ unattended or having a bonfire and not expecting the sparks to set something alight are in the gift of the stupid.
Up a little early but not too bad and I hope that we soon will return to a relatively normal weather pastern.
Here is something that was posted yesterday about the 1976 heatwave. I remember some of it but the mind seems to forget some of the details. The invasion of Ladybirds I remember well as I was working in an air intake area for a large bank and so nice and cool as the air came into the building but of course, the ladybirds came in with it. Ladybirds means something quite different these days LOL.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment