Sunday, August 16, 2026

Whew - Temperature Down, Humidity Up

 It is early around 6 in the morning and I managed to sleep through which is great.  It's misty outside and very humid indoors but hopefully much cooler when I ope up the house. 

I have a journey to do soon to drop OH and her friend off to a railway station and then go on to see my mum.  It was kind of dropped on me but let's see if the visitor's room is available?  If it isn't it could be costly!

 I'm feeling OK today, a little nostalgic as someone posted a photo and in it are my old flat mate and some other friends and my friend's wife.  She and I were platonic friends and I have a lovely photo of her and I atop the Eiffel Tower in our late youth or early twenties.  Funny how you drift away over the years.  We have reconnected on Facebook which is nice.

I suppose with all my head weirdness going on at the moment it reignites memories of those days and I am not certain if that is actually helpful or not?  Be that as it may it was lovely to see a photo of her in particular and perhaps the true feelings I had for her surfaced for a moment.  In my imagination I dreamt that we met and she looked at me closely in the eyes and asked "How long?" (had I held these feelings) and I responded "All of my life" - not known for my sentimentality it surprised me that I thought that and yet I can apply it to three of my close (girl) friends.  I am still in touch with them all.  We were good friends back then but they were in other relationships.  I'd known them all from school and hung around with them - I was also very quiet and shy back then.

Anyway, nostalgia indeed. It could have all turned out differently as they say.  

No comments: