Saturday, June 30, 2007

We had a good day out

It was a nice day and a superb meal. Parents and Kid brother and family were all here - it was nice to see them all and to enjoy catching up with all the news. We went up to a country pub and the food and beer were good. Took the posh car but everyone said I drove too fast - well why have a car that can go fast and all that if you don't use it? seems strange to me.

I hope everyone went away happier that they had seen me and found that it was true - I do look a lot better, I am certainly a lot thinner and a lot fitter than the last time they saw me.

despite what I said about not doing too well down the week - I suppose whilst I am fitter - I may not have the stamina I used to have. I need to work on that I suppose. I'm am absolutely certain that I really don't know how much this has taken out of me.

On a note of interest - the UK goes Smoke free in about 40 minutes. Being an ex-smoker - I don't mind people smoking and, whilst every time I see someone smoking it worries me they may get what I had or worse, you can't tell anyone - I doubt I would have listened. I now don't want to be a non smoking bore either. However, what will be good is to come home after a beer and not have my clothes stink of smoke. I was amazed today that one person smoked in the pub and I caught a whiff of it in the restaurant (which was non smoking) it quite turned me - I suppose because I wasn't expecting it.

It will be interesting to see how the ban goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not smoked since DECIMAL DAY never a one but I still miss it. I hate people smoking around me. It has been non-smoking here for a long time. They even have special areas in the Theme Parks where you can smoke
I am afraid I am an anti smoking bore

valbri

Anonymous said...

I spoke with your M and D today for her birthday She said she had not seen you look so fit and well for a long time Hope you carry on the good work with diet and excersise after the 4th That half hundred is a milestone

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

It is good when other people also see a change in you. I think I looked very drawn - more worry I think. Now I almost look human again.

I'd better not push it, no one would believe I look human :-)