Saturday, November 08, 2008

Amelie and assorted French Films

Well you never thought I was going to be someone who thought Top Gun was a good film now did you?

I have just watched one of my favourite films - Amelie - it always cheers me up and ties me in knots at the end. It is a lovely little film but best watched in French without the sub titles if you can manage it.

Delicatessen would probably be up there with City of Lost Children, Belleville Rendezvous and A Very Long Engagement.

Of course there are others that I like watching but these tend to pull me back more often than not as I enjoy the unusual plot and the wonderful photography involved.

Anyway, it was a nice change to sit uninterrupted for a few hours, on my own watching a film that I could concentrate on. It makes a change.

No comments: