Sunday, November 02, 2008

Flat

I feel absolutely flat today. I enjoyed watching the F1 and had a reasonable day but I just don't feel great.

I've got a nice week coming up but cannot get up for it and feel quite strange. I wrote on a piece of paper. Future? Beside that I added the job I am in, the jobs I used to have and whether or not I would be happy having a permanent job next year. I actually don't think I would, despite the stability that would come with it. I'm not certain at this point in time what I want to do - and there's me fretting about why my daughter cannot decide :-)

I'm feeling quite down and cannot quite fathom why that should be really. It doesn't make sense but I ought to realise that things don't make a lot of sense these days.

Could it have been going out with a different crowd last night, perhaps reliving my misspent youth! I haven't felt quite this depressed for a long time and it isn't "black dog" stuff, it is more a wearisome tiredness and a lack of enthusiasm for anything at the moment.

I'm going through mid life crisis and all those questions and ideas - you know - pack it all in and go and live in the country and all that stuff. Life, Job, the Universe and all those things.

I'm hoping a good night's sleep and meeting some friends tomorrow might cheer me up and I have got Tuesday off so that may help? I can hardly believe it though as right now I am quite close to tears and all choked up and I have absolutely no idea why that should be? I know it says it on the Post Cancer Fatigue fact sheet I now have but I do find these occasional lapses unnerving and a little distressing. I certainly wouldn't like to be feeling like this at work or out somewhere.

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

I wonder if you have a thyroid issue. If so, it's pretty easily diagnosed and corrected. Check out the link...

www.medicalnewstoday.com

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Steve - I'll check that out. I'm meeting someone on Tuesday night who has gone through some of this too.