Thursday, February 04, 2010

An evening with ... Colin Blunstone

How bizarre an evening was that?  The lads called off the drinks evening and I was expecting a quiet night in when one of my mates phoned me up and suggested we see if we could get into a gig that was happening locally.

We got there and lo and behold it was Colin Blunstone (Zombies, Argent, Alan Parsons Project etc) and his new band and it was just brilliant - up close and personal.  A small intimate set perhaps 70 to 100 of us at most.  I really enjoyed it too.  At the end he played one of my all time favourites which I am not allowed to have at my funeral even though I want it.  I know - morbid but I thought like that a long time ago.

I listened to this leading up to my first operation and it still moves me and tonight I didn't get all sentimental at all, just enjoyed it for what it is - one of the great songs from one of the most productive periods in modern music history.  Not to mention the other hits they did.  However - this one is so haunting and just summed up lots of how I felt 3 and a half years ago.  

I can be a silly bugger sometimes :-)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

By God thats one good song.Might have that my funeral, probally go for the longest song by led zepp, there remember that one.

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Andy,

How are you doing? I am back in for "final" biopsies in April and if all OK then yearly prods and pokes by the quacks.

Were you Thinking Stairway to Heaven for your funeral then? You might overrun into the next service that way :-)