Wednesday, December 07, 2011

American Blues

Can't beat it can you? I love music and tonight a serendipity moment when my friend had an evening off and we went to see Stoney Curtis - what a great gig and there were a couple of young guys playing too who may well go on to great things. How fickle this market is as - I would rate this guy as one of the top 20 guitarists I've ever seen and his playing was just fantastic and enthralling in places - inspired and "Out there" on occasions - his rendition of All Along the Watchtower was sublime and it was a great evening out and one of "those" nights where it was just meant to be. The best evenings out are never planned they just happen.

So - there you go a great evening out and it was a good release for me - I need to blow a fuse when I look at the way things are going off in the world these days - our market is amazing - or rather the market I'm in at the moment. Finance - what recession I'd say to you. I see people that we want to deal with jetting around the world and promoting this sort of Dragon's Den culture of Venture Capital and Entrepreneurial Bravado and yet that can't be what it is like - they act as if it is some sort of game requiring the skills of a Thespian to "pitch" the deal. It appears to me to be full of "meme" type start ups all picking up the pieces and crumbs from those who truly innovated in the first place.

I've calmed down a bit now and I am taking a bit more time for myself. It looks as if all the people we need to speak to are off on another "bender" this week in France (some via Moscow) so we may hear back from people early next week with a bit of luck.

Anyway - it was good to get out of the house, listen to some great music and just get a few beers down the neck. I can be serious again tomorrow.

No comments: