Sunday, December 11, 2011

That's some week

Out every evening since Monday - mainly eating and drinking, had today off and then it is our annual Christmas Carvery lunch and so more food and drink! What a week this will have been.

My dad is improving every day at the moment which is great news. He is getting better (within the terms of his illness). That's good and I'm still holding negotiations about whether we will get to see my parents before Christmas. It would be nice to think we could manage that but timings are dreadful and commitments and who needs the cars and so on is chaotic to put it mildly. Sure we will resolve that down the week. A lot also depends on the weather as we may have another event like last week but concentrated on our end of the country with major gales expected plus they are promising something a bit more severe later too.

I'm feeling quite well but a little bit heavier than I was last week - goodness knows how much weight I must have put on eating and drinking that much! Diet starts in the New Year and I'm considering going on the wagon except for occasional night's out. There is a problem with this I've noticed that my friends who have done this find that they get squiffy quite quickly - so I'd better be prepared for that if I do it.


No comments: