Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Survived Christmas

Good grief - so much food and drink - so many elsewhere go hungry and we stuff ourselves stupid in celebration of Christ's birth :-)  Mmmm.  Anyhow, that said, it has been an amazing non stop roller coaster of a holiday season.  We were out or entertaining people for 4 days solid!  Today, I finally fell out of bed at 11 am as I was so tired.  I'm out of condition and I'm going to do something serious about that in the New Year.  I need to work through a backlog of food and drink and clear that out of the way first.  


We are going off to see Dad tomorrow - unless he calls in sick.  I have to say that I wanted to go over this coming weekend but just could not get the family together in one place at one time.  tomorrow only Mrs. F. and I are going and that's because tomorrow - the only day (and then only during certain hours) that I could make it so with A & L dad doesn't want more than a few people there.  It's a shame and I was expecting it to happen - perhaps (and it didn't sound a certainty) they could see Dad another day said my mum.  I somehow doubt that as A is heavily into her Dissertation for Uni and L has to to start the second Semester flying so I doubt they'll have free time to make the journey.


I suppose we have to accept that this is so?  I have a little difficulty with it but suppose that is just the way it is, we all need to live our own lives and do our own things and whilst I may find it distasteful that I cannot be popping in every couple of days to see my dad and regularly beat myself up about it, that's the reality of the situation.  I suppose I ought to be thinking along those lines - I mean if I was in Australia - I'd have to call regularly.  Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare anyway as I'll have to drive there and back in a day and so could be on the road up to 6 hours and probably will only stay around 4 or 5 hours at the most.  Not to worry I suppose, what can I do about it?  All of this of course is subject to not getting a call early on from my mum in case he doesn't feel great or isn't up to seeing us.  I appreciate that - my brother doesn't get it :-)  One day he will I suppose.  Some days, you don't want to see anyone even if they would cheer you up, you just want to be grumpy and sad and pissed off all on your own! :-)  Sounds strange - no idea why you'd want to but some days are like that.

No comments: