Thursday, December 08, 2011

More upbeat day

My mum sounded about the best I've heard her for months and dad was also feeling better, a bit more positive and life seemed a little more optimistic today. That was nice and uplifting. What wasn't uplifting was a visit from the Police - our next door neighbour had an attempted burglary last night and it looks as if A and I disturbed them. I went down for my early tea and heard some banging which I thought came from A's room so I called up to her. She had already investigated the banging and by me turning on the downstairs lights and her turning some off to pull back the curtains to look what the noise was - it must have disturbed them as they made off with nothing.

It is a bit annoying that I didn't work out what the noise was or associate it with anything - I thought something that A was doing. It wasn't until the policeman explained what had occurred that the penny dropped with both us!

At least we are aware that they are operating in the area and will be on heightened alert - although we had an attempt on here 20 years ago - we made provisions then to resolve it - it is just amazing that these people tried this at around 6 in the evening!

No comments: