Friday, December 23, 2011

That was good

Well the meeting was extremely positive - we tend to be worried and then be pleasantly surprised when we get a great response to the business.  Lots and lots to think about in the next few weeks and then we can get back to working out where we go from here.


My Dad was seen by the Doc yesterday who said nowt to worry about but at least they did check his blood sugars levels and these were found to be high (worrying but not critical etc).  My kid brother's kids are both diabetic and so he knows all about it and so they'll monitor dad's Blood Sugar levels over Christmas and the nurse will come up next week and do a more extensive set of tests.  This will determine whether dad needs some help here.  I was surprised the stuff that they were feeding him as in my own experience - trying to keep his weight up the way they were, given he has Pancreatic Cancer appeared to me to be strange given what that organ actually does in the body.


I'm just about ready for Christmas now and will go dark soon shutting down blogs, twitter, facebook and all the other stuff and just go and enjoy myself.   I need the break and to recharge as 2012 will be an interesting year.  Raising £Ms in investment will bring quite a challenge and just trying to manage it all will be far from easy.


So, here we are 5 and a half years down the line and the blog has changed so much from being all about cancer to being about life, the universe and everything.  However, let's remember everyone who has ever suffered from cancer, has it now or are, like my father, battling away and slowly approaching the inevitable conclusion that sometimes cancer leads us to.  Spare a thought or prayer.  I'm delighted to still be here and to be doing something that I hope will lead to a brighter future for many.  Now, if you know someone who wants a good investment opportunity - point them in my direction :-)


Merry Christmas to you all.

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

Glad to hear things are moving a bit. Happy Christmas and healthy, cancer-free New Year to you and yours!

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve, thanks and all the very best to you too. Let's definitely go for cancer free New Year :-)