Thursday, December 22, 2011

It is amazing what a few hours can achieve

Not sure that I like this new blogger interface but here goes....


Today was about sorting out my accounts and getting ready for tomorrow's meeting with our Lawyers.  It is an important milestone as it completes our first phase of going to market to get finance and closes down 2011 and it's efforts in a natural way.  The trouble may be that there will be actions we need to take away from this to start 2012 with.  So be it if that is the case.


Interestingly I differ from the majority of the team in terms of approach on this and so this meeting also allows me to contribute some more in the New Year.  We have an interesting problem in that there is nothing to compare with what we are doing and so it makes drawing comparisons (which most people do) extremely difficult and so we need them to take a lateral leap to "get" what we do.


The nice thing is that it has brought me out of the dark place I was in earlier this week and into an interesting area.  It is fair to say that I like a challenge but what we are doing now (and have done in a way for a year or more) is way outside of comfortable and the skills and things we've learnt are amazing.  I just need to realise that the people I'm dealing with aren't as "good" as I give them credit for and to remove some of the doubt I have.  When I look at what (I) we have achieved it is pretty impressive to say the least.  Those who make hasty judgement and dismiss our work show a lack of respect and add nothing to our mission.  The trouble is there are many people like this who appear to open mouth - spurt text book bollocks - and speak from a level of authority they don't have, haven't earned or believe they have.  They've presented a series of wobbles but then when you listen to them you realise that they haven't grasped the complexities, nuances and subtleties of the plan.  We now try and avoid them like the proverbial plague.


Oh well - it will be nice to go to the meeting tomorrow and meet some top quality people who do get what we are doing and who understand what we need and, who we hope, will take us to meet the right people.

No comments: