Sunday, December 04, 2011

Productive Weekend

I'm all tuckered out now - after a weekend writing all the Christmas Cards, sorting out the presents (luckily A wrapped them for me). I did the Family and the Family History Newsletters, distributed those by email and in the cards. At the same time I built a database of who I sent cards to this year - I used to have one but I have no idea where it has gone so had to start from scratch. About 15 members of the wider family have changed their email addresses without telling me so I have a number of bounced reports to deal with.

There's about 10 more presents that I need to wrap up and then that is me set up for Christmas and Mrs. F's birthday which is just a week before - we don't therefore tend to get Christmas like until after that.

I then decided to look at my diary and commitments and realised that I don't have a lot of time to do much before Christmas at all really. There are a number of calls on my time and they are spread in such a way as to leave odd days here and there to fill. It is pretty messy to say the least. Trying to find time to go and see my folks is proving tricky. I ought to go and see them if I can but it may have to be a last minute decision. I still haven't had notification about my scope which should be due in December. I may need to drop them an email on that.

My dad appears to be improving slowly - I think he should at least have a comfortable Christmas which looked a far away think just 2 months ago when he started getting rushed into Hospital. Let's hope that he does enjoy it.

No comments: