Friday, April 12, 2013

Go With Your Gut Feel (Sometimes)

Well those little flecks I thought I saw were indeed from a very small tumour about 1/3rd the way up on my bladder wall - not where they have been before (not sure if that's what he meant).  After waiting for an hour and my MP3 running out of battery :-( I had some sort of suspicion that it wasn't going to be good news.

As far as it goes - there will be an operation (rigid cystoscopy) in 4 to 6 weeks time and then I suppose they'll biopsy it and see what to do next.  

I'm feeling pretty neutral about it.  Disappointed that after 5 years or so I've got a recurrence but pleased that it is small, operable and that I'll get it sorted in relatively quick time.  They told me to drink lots of liquid which of course I do anyway on my diet.

Will just have to regroup after our holiday and reset my expectations.  Other people are always more devastated than me at my news :-) 

Off for a bit of a rest - more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just diagnosed with bladder cancer today. The doctor said that numerous cancer cells were all inside my bladder and that he would burn them off with a high electrical charge. I was reading about the sono photo dynamic therapy. I think I might check this out first, before having the tumors burned off.

A Dived Ref said...

Hi - thanks for your comment. A second opinion is always a good thing to seek. My tumours were serious and I was taken in on the Monday - following diagnosis on the Friday and the electric charge allows them to remove the tumours and to cauterise the area at the same time. I don't know about the photodynamic procedure other than what I've read, I suggest you ask your doctor or your second opinion doctor for their take on it. The Cystoscopy and TURBT procedure is well known and understood and will be what I will be having again in a few weeks to take away the small tumour I have. I hope that you get what you want and are happy with and what is right for you. Good luck and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.