Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday woe day

I still feel rough on Sunday - normally because of my off diet activities on a Saturday :-)  Cheat day is great but after all those forbidden foods I do feel decidedly out of balance the next morning.  I hardly want to eat and have to force myself.  However, it does sort of prove the idea that some of the food you eat can't be good for you if it gives you indigestion and gas and it definitely throws my body out of equilibrium.

I'm just pulling together my spreadsheet for testing my urine and just having a review of what things are like now leading up to the operation and afterwards.  I was going to leave it until afterwards but now is a good time as I know I have a tumour I should be able to see a marker for blood in my urine.  I have no idea how this will turn out either so it will be a good experiment to do.  I'd often thought about doing my own periodic testing - mainly for blood as an early warning sign if you like but let's see what happens.  

I can also start my BP testing again especially as it is warmer and I'm not wearing jumpers and sweaters and can easily get readings.  

I'm back onto FOCC and intend to do a daily hit of FOCC as part of my diet.  I'm going to make a sort of Eggs Mayonnaise with the FOCC as the Mayo.  As I can't water it down with dairy, this way it can act like a mayo replacement and I can have it with a salad too.  I need to work on finding some interesting recipes for the FOCC - I have about 4 pages worth from a web site some time ago.  

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

I found it helpful to fast on Sundays after Saturday cheat day. I used to wait until Monday morning for food, but that seemed more a test of manhood than health. So I have only tea or water until 5PM on Sunday, then back on the diet.

As for FOCC, I found it to be one of the foods that triggered urine acidity. A bit maddening, but can be controlled with bicarbonate.

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve, Thanks for the advice - I'll see how I get on this Sunday - it should be slightly different as I'm not going out anywhere it may help me as I certainly don't feel like eating at all first thing in the morning.

After your comment I did another test post FOCC and yes - it has moved me from 8.5 to 7.5 pH. I'll go and pop some more Bicarb :-)