Monday, June 24, 2013

Personality Typing

I've always enjoyed using the Myers Briggs type personality profiler and being an INTJ it interests me very much.  I realise that that is the sort of person I really am.  Just read these series of descriptions and you should be able to pick me out no problems at all:

INTJ 1
INTJ 2
INTJ 3

I find the second and third ones fascinating as I relate to almost everything that is written.  My behaviour finding out what is wrong with me, experimenting, checking , fixing and discarding or using.  Everything is adapting and I've been a little lax this past week at doing my blood, urine and blood pressure.  I've done them intermittently and not as a series so the data is going to be a bit shoddy.  I can see that I pick things up run with them and if they work, great if not they cast aside!

Relationships stuff is generally spot on I think and how the children were raised is pretty much spot on, they are self sufficient and smart - great.  What is frightening is that I can see myself in every sentence.  The assertive behaviour the always being right, the analytical stuff and to my great worry the relationship stuff which it appears to say I'm pants at.  Well, that is pretty much true as well, it can't be easy to live with someone like me who is (or thinks he is) always right.  

I like the bit that I know what I know and also know what I don't know.  Lots of people are surprised when I say that I don't know anything about a subject they may be seeking my views on.  Part of my charm is that - I just say that I haven't any idea at all as I haven't read or studied it.  Stuff I do know about I tend to be knowledgeable because I've spent time studying and researching.  I draw my conclusions and then move on.

I've been trying though to change my behaviour this past week.  It's only been a week as well since 18th June 2013.  I have to force myself to get past the typical INTJ stances and the crap way I handle people so that's what I'm doing - so far it is working but I see myself slip into INTJ mode quite often too.



No comments: