Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blood Glucose Levels

well I've done about 4 weeks worth of measurements now.  There's only one reading that is high and that was the morning after cheat day which may explain it.  Generally figures of around 4 or 5 mmol/L which isn't too bad as far as I can ascertain.

I have slightly plateaued in my weight loss at the moment and I've made a few more adjustments to my diet to see if I can change that and as of early next week I am going back to do regular exercise after making myself bleed - silly sod I am - so slowly return to that but it appears that may not be that necessary whereas bringing myself down to a lower blood glucose level and into a better state of ketosis may well kick start things again. 

I can't complain it is now 5 months in to the regime.  I'm 3 stone lighter, am about 3 or 4 inches lighter around my waist, a few inches off my chest and my thighs and around my arse my shirt collar is also a couple of inches less but needs a bit more work.  So can't complain, although I'm going to :-) No not really!

Taken from the Diet Doctor Web Site, and here is the section on weight loss.  I am going to try and get to the area in point 14 of this page.  

Now I'm still also following the 4HB Tim Ferriss regime and having the one day off a week as a cheat day.  For example I'm out tomorrow with some friends and I will drink beer which will spike my insulin levels but also there will be bread and stuff, rice and the like for the curry to follow so I'll make tomorrow my cheat day.  I'm beginning to wonder whether I keep cheat day quite as heavily shocking to my system as I do at the moment - for example I will eat bread, sweets, have quite a bit of cake and all that bad stuff.  I wonder whether the real thing would be just to keep on the High Fat, Low Carbohydrate diet and just indulge once in a rare while.  It's not as if after all this time I crave for anything and yet I do really miss having beer which I do enjoy and I think that the once a week rule may be OK for that.  I've adapted to drinking Red Wine during the rest of the week and I'm also practising drinking water in a pub - I know - what am I like???

I have to say though that I have begun to feel extremely well and I don't think I have a pair of trousers that fit - I need to go and pull out all the ones I put away a few years ago.  My nice shirts now fit me like a glove which is also great news - I do like wearing them, they are really nice quality ones and make you feel good.  Of course, up until now I couldn't get into them or the collars wouldn't do up!  Now that is resolved as whilst I've still got traces of a belly it has started to tighten and there is plenty of room for the shirt to hang normally without pulling at the buttons!

I am keeping a monitor on my blood sugars and will have a series of charts to "discuss" with the Doctor.  I've yet to restart my urine testing which again I might do next week to coincide with starting the exercise regime.  Hopefully there won't be any traces of blood left which is the main thing.  All other readings are well within normal. 

Worryingly my blood pressure is up which is surprising given how much weight I've lost and all but it is presently a bit of a stress filled time at the moment and once I control myself with some EFT and a bit of deep breathing it does appear to come down to around normal.  So I'm making sure that I continue to monitor and adapt on that.  I'm still taking some Baking Soda in the mornings and although I haven't done so recently have been taking the Flax Seed Oil and Cottage Cheese (FOCC) mixture.  I did see that I might be able to use the Flax Seed Oil with Balsamic Vinegar so I might give that a go.

 Slowly - I should be able to build back to some more activity starting next week and I hope to pull myself up out of where I am at the moment.  

No comments: