Sunday, June 30, 2013

Keeping The Faith

It is difficult to follow a direction that is counter intuitive to the way you have lived your life until now - some 55 years worth of control and thought and steady as you go.  It is difficult to keep to the path so actually you ironically end up thinking more because you are struggling and battling against being all sensible and logical and have to stop and think to make yourself stay on the chosen path.

Damn its difficult for me but I'm getting there.  There's other complications as undoubtedly those around wonder what is going on too.  Got some curious looks from Mrs. F. this morning - I was up early had breakfast and was enjoying a coffee in the sun by 8 am.  I just get up now when my alarm goes, I don't feel tired at all - I put that down to my diet and neither do I get as fatigued as I used to.  Hell I even look and feel slim even though I think I'd still like to drop as much again over the next year and get myself back to a fighting weight.  Having moved on a bit from the Tim Ferriss 4HB diet I'm now following the Low Carb, High Fat diet shown HERE.  I am however still not touching milk or yoghurt or anything like that but Cottage Cheese I have occasionally   I am having ordinary cheese more often now and have slowed down on the legumes side for calorific carb load.  My Blood Glucose readings are in the high 4 to low 5 range now which is good and I intend to see if I can get them to the high 3 low 4 range over the next 6 to 8 weeks.

My blood pressure isn't too bad but fluctuates a fair bit.  I've stressed myself out like crazy these past few weeks and that can't have helped.  The good news today is in fact they have dipped to the 120 over 80 area that I'm targeting which is great - the diet should bring the Blood Pressure down a bit further and who knows eventually bring it to some sort of nice low level.  

It is a difficult day in other ways today, I would have liked to have been elsewhere but that can't be fixed, helped or even be possible and so I'm stuck at home.  Mind you the British GP is on, it IS cheat day (something I've kept from the Tim Ferriss 4HB diet) and so that's a small relief I suppose. 

I love the picture they use for the diet too:



It kind of says it all really :-)  Man should be much taller and slimmer than he is now according to the research and I have to say - whilst I love my beer (and once a week is a my treat) I really don't want to get as big as I was last year.  It was actually quite bad on my health now I look back, panic attacks and claustrophobia, totally unfit, sweating and out of breath everywhere.  Hope I never go back there again.  But at least I know what to eat to keep me in shape and now I've got to the point where I'm losing the odd pound here and there it means that I can just continue until I hit my ideal weight - the one nature intended for me to have.   

No comments: