Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Tipping Point

The Tipping Point is a book by Malcolm Gladwell and it came to mind this evening - it isn't quite the same as in the context of the book but it sort of wraps up what I'm feeling about life, the universe and all that good stuff at the moment.  

The TIpping point we were looking at is that when a product goes viral and once people are aware of it everyone appears to know how to use it and bang off you go.  I guess smart phones could be thought of that way.  Few have them to start with then people hear about them, then they get affordable and suddenly millions are sold daily.

My Tipping Point is actually going to be an emotional one.  Tomorrow, Friday 28th June 2013 marks a very important day in my life.  Equally as important as two weeks ago today and the 18th June - so now I'm talking in riddles to you but it will all become clear later on as things move on in my life.  Tomorrow I will change the way I think about my life forever.  It marks a day where things will suddenly change beyond all recognition for me.  I've planned my day out, I've braced myself and I will attempt to forget my usual logical, methodical, analytical self and just go with my heart and my emotions, not for a long time but long enough.  I will act with my heart and not me brain, I will step so far outside of my comfort zone that I will be a bit of a wreck but that's the thing.  If I don't try, if I don't actually go for it, then I can remain as I am now and I really don't like that thought at all.

I've actually gone nowhere in the 5 years or so that I've been clear of Cancer.  Perhaps I should say that I've gone somewhere and that's round in circles.  Nothing has changed apart from I got better.  Nobody else has changed and even if I wanted to, they aren't going to change just because of me.

So I've got to step out now and please myself, need to take myself out of the comfort of my current life and see what it could be like on the other side.  I BET it is scary, I bet it is also exciting and I bet that it will provide me with the necessary information to tip towards it and a new life or back to the comfort of my present existence.

Yes I'm still being enigmatic, it doesn't make sense to me at the moment and I can only tell you how I feel about things and that I'm doing something about it.  The fear of not doing it is the same as the fear of being trapped in the same existence I am in at the moment.  I have no doubt that I can hole up here, in my safe house and family and hunker down or I can get out there and see what the hell life is about and go join that.

No comments: