Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Titanic Battle of Matter Over Mind

It went something along the lines of "I don't mind and you don't matter" as I recall but the essence is that I've been trying to rid myself of many years worth of introverted thinking, negative thinking perhaps and doing everything in a way that smacks of running a business when I'm actually running my life.

On the basis of you will always miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take I've finally jumped headlong into the abyss and gone with my feelings, let my heart (if you can call a muscle a decision making bodily organ) guide my actions and here I am.  I'm OK and whilst I have sort of made this transition it isn't at all easy for me.  But I've got to let this run its course and lets see where we go from here.

If I can ever get my brain to just take a back seat for a while I'll know whether or not I'm going to succeed.  

No comments: