Thursday, July 30, 2026

A Hot Night - Acclimatised?

 I wonder if we acclimatise to these periods of heat - I don't recollect 1976 doing anything other than going to and from work earlier/later, no A/C on trains and the like.  the summer was hot as you like and I went on holiday with my mates - the first holiday away from my parents.  It was regular to see the tar bubbling on the road but I don't recall it as being unbearable.

Recently the humidity soared and that did make it difficult whereas overnight I set the evaporation cooler up and let it do its thing on its lowest settings but added the ice packs to the reservoir. Apart from my knee which was giving me jip at around 5 all was OK.  So I wonder if you just get used to it.  As always, our elders and betters interference means our houses are fit for winter but not for summer.  Is there anything these arsehole politicians do that is good?  They interfere with our lives and remind me of my old bosses who would come up with great ideas that we'd suggest actually weren't, implement them and wonder why production fell off a cliff almost overnight!  

Talking of politicians, this new bloke looks paper thin on practical policies and whilst they may have ideas on moving forward, if you haven't sorted out the foundations then you are going to have a fall.  A massive house of cards, nothing is really cohesive and the damage is being done as the smart money moves out of the country and once gone they may not return.  If you've got the money then you can move around to suit.  The politics of envy and the increasing tax burdens and the Laffer Curve are well known but not by Socialist and Liberals who think higher taxes will solve everything despite all the data and evidence showing that they don't! 

Some of the chancers we have coming into high office must make us a laughing stock on the world stage.  Uneducated, unaware of their own brief, dyed hair, confused about how many "genders" there are and whether a man is a woman and vice versa leads to concern that the patients have taken over running the asylum.  From what I have seen this past 2 weeks, this bloke hasn't a clue and looks weak on the world stage, he's doing as much damage as Rachel (from Accounts) Reeves did with all the conjecture and misinformation wiping millions off the economy from saying the wrong things and the wrong time. The markets are moving and rightly so.  All I can do is the normal of grabbing the popcorn and settling back to watch this latest disaster movie, one made without CGI or AI involvement :-)


No comments: