Friday, April 06, 2012

Conflicting Reports

Running more diagnostic software it appears that there are indeed a lot of problems with the PC. At worst it is a hard drive fatal error.  Running some special software that may repair it but I doubt it.


Have spoken to Mrs. F. about the very real possibility of shutting down the business now and having to decide what I'd like to do next.  There's no rush at the moment but I'm just feeling the "loss" I guess. So I'm not in a good place but neither am I morose or downhearted.  It's like losing a friend if you know what I mean?  I'm just a little sad and wondering what best to do to fill the gap that's left.  In fact it's almost like losing your first girlfriend :-)  Being dumped I suppose.  There's some soul searching going on but it certainly isn't a case of being wrong or right.  We specifically had a process to deal with this and having followed that through we are 99% sure that the result couldn't be any different.  The 1% we will tackle but that's a case of covering the ground and making sure that it we didn't miss a trick.  


So no PC is driving me mad and also with me not too sure what I'm doing means that I'm wandering around without purpose.  Tomorrow is the Easter Egg Hunt - the 16th year I've done that.  Goodness knows where the time has gone.  Looking forward to doing that but I can't help but believe someone younger might want to take it on.  

No comments: