Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Cure for the PC - NOT!

Well I found a way of repairing my PC, I ran overnight tests and that did indeed last 10 hours or more - all clear, I then followed some new instructions to remove the problems and it seemed to work but then threw up another more serious error. The last thing you wan to see an imminent hard drive failure.  Now call me old fashioned but a newish PC that's just passed a Hard Drive test (that was running all night) really shouldn't happen when it is a software issue!


But that i what it is showing and so I am re-running the tests again.  Talk about depressing. Whilst all of my work is backed up off line, it will now probably take me a few days to repair this PC or a few days to set up a new one (and the cost).  I'm pretty pissed off as I am meant to be sorting out the accounts today and over the weekend.  That looks a far off possibility now though.


My business partner has been here today and we have been talking through shutting the business down.  It's sad and all that but if no one will support it then it's no use blindly going on.  we know that but needed to settle the requirements for those actions and what we would do in terms of the IP and all the other good stuff we have produced.  It is difficult because of the merit of the idea but detaching all emotional attachments and allowing us to move on are the next important steps and that means getting closure on this in some way.  



No comments: