Thursday, April 12, 2012

Diet Update

I've been sticking to the diet but this last week or so don't appear to have lost as much as the first few weeks - which is, I guess, par for the course.  There's only so much you can lose.  I'm 2 stone lighter than at Christmas and about 1 1/2 stone lighter since I started the diet.


I've lost inches off my waist and my neck and I feel a lot better.  I'm doing well and am not tempted by any need to cheat on the diet apart from cheat day itself.  This cheat day I will be at a Wedding so can have plenty to eat and drink there.  I'm not getting too hung up on the weight day-to-day as it doesn't always work out like you'd expect and the main thing is that I'm well, I'm losing weight gradually and feeling better for it.  


Off to see my dad tomorrow, he can't keep weight on at the moment and so that is a worry.  I'll see how he is tomorrow but I imagine it will be a bit of a shock as I haven't seem him for a while.  He's 3 months past his 6 month diagnosis so we will have to see how things evolve.


I'm waiting for my piano to arrive - a family heirloom and it will replace my existing one which will go on to another family member (thank goodness).  There aren't many of them in the world - perhaps 10 or 20 that I know of.  I hope that I'll be the custodian of this one for a short while - it's already had 3 owners from new that I'm aware of.  Which reminds me, I must write up the history of this piano for future generations.

No comments: