Monday, April 02, 2012

Monday - let down

I tend to find getting back to work on a Monday an enjoyable thing I can concentrate on things I want to get done and plan out my week.  Not this morning though.  I didn't want to get out of bed and just lay there for an hour or so and finally got up and got going but it was just one of those days.  I haven't actually done much either.  I've made three or four phone calls and that is just about it.


I have a lovely yellow and purple bruise on my arm to remind me of Friday and I'm over a pretty rough Sunday.  It's all very quiet at the moment.  There's a few things going on out in the ether but for now, no one has come back to us.  It is a shame really but that is the way it is.  The intensity of working towards this point is diametrically different to what is happening now. 


I decided to do my accounts and yet I just cannot be arsed to do them.  This is typical I find with me, I know I have to do them and I'm just ramping up the pressure to make sure I do do them and I know that missing today will be OK.


The next problem is sorting out all my paperwork which I think I will tackle this afternoon and get rid of all the accumulation of detritus on my table.  Then I can get onto the accounts with a clear desk/table to layout the accounts on.  


On Wednesday we will hold a meeting about where we go from here in terms of the business.  I am already working on what I want to do.  Even though there are some options out there, I need to plan for afterwards as I cannot continue to hold onto something that isn't going to go anywhere at the moment.  


So things are low but things that are good include my Blood Pressure - that is pretty regular now in the 130 over 85 range which is much better than I expected.  Time to call the Doctors and go get my BP measured I feel.  The diet seems to be working well and I'm around 16 stone at the moment.  That's varying and will do after Saturday's excesses :-)  Back on the diet yesterday and for the rest of this week should, I hope, drop me below 16 stone and towards where I was 5 or 6 years ago.  I have a meeting tomorrow to go to and I am delivering a talk on the 4 Masonic Charities in the England and Wales, that I should know a bit about as I used to work in there.  They have also asked me to present one of the members of this Lodge with his certificate, a very rare honour indeed for someone not in the Lodge to do this.  I hope I do well with that, I've developed a particular way of doing this that many people say they like so tomorrow I'll get to do my party piece to a new audience.  It will be a bit one sided I'll be providing most of the entertainment!  I think I may end up having to break the diet a bit - but will try not to if possible. 

No comments: