Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Week Ticks By

This time last week I was getting ready for my trip up to town for my interview and it has been quiet since then - I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised about that given how slow they've been in the past.

Off to see my mum tomorrow morning and then on Friday out in the evening as an official visitor at a Lodge meeting and then bring mum back here on Saturday which will be nice - I hope :-)  I think it will give her a good change of scenery and an opportunity to do something a little different - let's hope the weather improves so we can go out and about.  I'd like to take her for a walk in the nice countryside we have locally but let's see.

Life is going to carry on around us as I am out Monday and Tuesday nights.  I also have a busy Saturday in a weeks time.  A meeting taking over most of the day and a party in the evening!

I was contacted by someone I knew 15 years ago.  A lovely lady who I worked with and had a good friendship with.  She has got out of the City now and is enjoying a more relaxed lifestyle and I can see the advantages but also said to her that having been up there last week I really started to get the buzz again and hanker for the Corporate life in some ways - just the atmosphere (power) that you feel in the environment and who you work with is enough to set my mind crackling and bring the hairs up on the back of my neck.  It's terrible to think that the stress and hours that I so often disparage can also be the life force and energy that really makes you feel alive.  It's a bit counter-intuitive but there you go.

Talking of counter-intuitive, we sat down to eat tonight and A mentioned that she couldn't believe the things that I'm eating at the moment and yet I'm losing weight.  It's crazy but it does work but you have to keep at it.  I'm just adjusting my diet slightly now to take in less carbs as I may have been overdoing those a little and I'm adjusting those slightly so as to have no more than a cup full of legumes a day - I tend to have quite a few but also I'm finding I'm also eating less too although I may just have to adjust that as well.  Anyway - it's coming along and I'm still doing well but weight loss is now reasonably around 1 or 2 lb a week - the rapid weight loss has happened and now it's a matter of sticking to it and making sure I don't come off the diet.  The dangers are my mum is around and I'm at hers for a few days.  Also holiday will be coming up in Italy where the food is just too nice to not have - so maybe I'll have a cheat week?

No comments: