Sunday, March 10, 2013

Life is full of these ups and downs

Youngest daughter went back to Uni this afternoon - I thought she was staying for a few weeks - at least that was what I was led to believe.  So a bit upset about that.  I have two great daughters and they are like chalk and cheese, I love them dearly and to find out that she was off was a little bit of a shock and is probably why I'm feeling a little down at the moment.

I had a good day on Saturday but rather amusingly came home and fell asleep in front of the TV until 5 am!  So I wasn't particularly impressed with that but cheat day had gone rather well and it was enjoyable enough even though I always find the next day difficult to go back to the diet.  Not that I dislike the diet it's just that after over indulging I find the last thing I want to do is eat but I know that is what I should do!

My new grill and griddle is OK but I hope that I will get some non-slip matting through in a day or so to stop it moving around on the work surface.  It cooks pretty well and so that's good.

Suddenly I have a lot to do in the next few days and weeks and so I need to knuckle down and do something about it.  Car Insurance, Accounts and closing the business all appear on the list. I am then going to my mum's later in the week as I have a meeting to attend not far from the Hospital where my dad died and then I'm bringing mum home here for a week or so.  It should be nice as she hasn't been for a while.

I find myself down today and I really shouldn't be, it's been a good week really.

No comments: