Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bit of a worry

My friend thinks he may have diabetes and is being checked on Thursday.  One of the worrying things is this onset of diabetes and what may be causing it.  He looked remarkably well having lost a load of weight following getting ill on a Cruise Ship and then having Flu.  

I read an interesting article which relates to the diet I am following and it may be of interest in what it suggests about insulin, diabetes and diet.  There are some interesting points made and I'm pretty certain that these diets (Atkins, Tim Ferriss etc) appear to explain why diabetes and obesity are so prevalent in our western diet.  Have a look and read this article HERE

I'm surprised that there is reference to being able to eat dairy food and also a bit worried that coffee may spike an insulin response.  I've been happily drinking coffee alongside copious quantities of water for some time and will do some more research into this.  

I'm feeling quite good and appear to be continuing to lose weight and feel better and so in my mind, I'm moving along in the right direction.

My mother and I spent some time looking at old photographs today which was fun.  L arrived home from University and all of us are off for a few days now and so we can go and do something together.

No comments: