Thursday, March 28, 2013

To eat Cheese or not?

It's a funny question I know but you see opinion is split.  If you follow the 4-Hour Body then you can't have any cheese but can have Cottage Cheese and a few parmesan shavings occasionally.  I believe this is because of the lactose content.  If you read other books they say cheese is mainly protein and fat and is fine to eat although in limited amounts.  Mind you 4 oz would be plenty.

So I'm waiting to see what the consensus is on this.  It is a mixed argument depending on who you read and what plan you follow.  

I hope my book arrives soon, I could do with reading that one and then comparing them all.  It would be nice to have a bit of cheese to flavour some of the meals which can be bland on occasion.

I always try and eat some cheese on cheat day anyway - it is my one real food fad - I like a bit of Stilton or some mature farmhouse cheddar, Brie etc... :-)


2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

We avoided cheese except for cheat days for the first year. Good results. I did note that one of his success stories in 4HB regularly ate Mexican food with cheese, so I think an ounce or so per day would not make any difference. Our cheat days would often feature cheese and wine as a meal.

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve, thanks for your update - other Low Carb books appear to mention up to 4 oz of cheese but I will make sure I read through and do a bit more research as I'm doing fine just having cheese on cheat day. I saw that bit about eating Mexican and wondered about that. Cheat day put back to Easter Sunday as we have been invited out to dinner and I can make full use of my free day for beer and other forbidden foods :-)