Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Well....

Mum being here with me is like being a kid again.  I mean - I'm 55 and I feel like I'm 16 again being told what to do receiving advice I didn't ask for and many other indignities of having one of your parents over to stay! :-)

It's fun but I find it very hard work because (of course) I share very different value systems to my mother as indeed my kids do with me.  I'm one of those people you need in negotiations who understands all sides of an argument and yet is able to be completely without sides (to a limit).  I normally understand all sides of an argument and the counter arguments and can weave my way between.  I'd suggest that my mum is somewhere to the right of Attila The Hun with her politics as most people or her age are.  The lived through WWII and so don't get the current wet liberal times we find ourselves in.  

Last night I was in the middle of reading some interesting stuff and found my mum appearing in my office at 1:45 to tell me to go to bed!  :-)  DOH! I was smack in the middle of reading about Diabetes and Carbs and Diets!

Anyway, we are having some fun and it's nice to see mum out of her old environment and in to a new one.  We haven't done much but perhaps in the next few days we can resolve that - the weather has been sh1t really though and it is difficult to do much when things are so bad.

Anyway - it's a beginning and after 12 years or so mum is here and that's a start.  


No comments: