Monday, March 11, 2013

Blizzard outside but managed to get stuff done

Yes the car and travel insurance were sorted today and huge difference between businesses and attitude so also very happy with the switch and the savings made.  Long story but as I have a pre-existing condition (Bladder Cancer) and of course Hypertension and am on Statins (cholesterol reduction) even though I don't have high cholesterol - I have to have slightly different insurance.  The first year it cost us a small fortune and yet Bladder Cancer isn't the sort of thing that makes you fall down dead!  At least now I've found somewhere where the costs are reasonable and reflective of how long I've been cancer free!

II hope this snow blows itself out in the next day or two so that I can get up to see my mum, visit a Lodge as an honoured guest nearby and then bring her down here for a week away.  Hopefully it will be a nice break for her.  

On Sunday week it is her Anniversary and of course that will bring back memories and whilst she is a lot better than she or we felt she might be after losing dad, I'm sure it will be hard as was Christmas.  She was wanting to go to the Crematorium on that day and I guess if she goes back on the Saturday she can but we will see - she may stay down here for a while longer.

I was absolutely charged on Friday and was in good form on Saturday but somewhat down yesterday and I'm back to "normal" today.  Oh well, I've come to live with the swings and roundabouts these days and I really hope that I can focus and get some of the things that need to be done this week completed.

No comments: