Saturday, September 15, 2012

Instructions and the art of reading them

I'm a great believer that you should read the instructions.  However, having done so and installed my concealed cistern and now the shower screen I may reconsider.  You see the screen doesn't look right - it would do if I were to site it where I though it should be on the edge of the bath but they suggest 15mm in and that's what I did and it looks damn awkward there.  The Cistern gave a height that when installed at means that the handle is a little lower than I expected and it looks out of balance.

Anyway, I managed to find out why the overflow was leaking and spent about 1 1/2 hours carefully filing open the overflow to fit the chrome insert.  I found that it had a small raised edge that wasn't seating properly.  After filing it out, I finally made it all fit and no leaks!  Yipee.  The screen is in, the new window sill is in, the tiling is all done and I managed to do the silicone beading which looks great.  The threshold into the room is installed and we are just about ready to do the final touches tomorrow to make it finally usable.  A new blind, the radiator, towel rail and other furniture etc will all make a big difference.  If there are no more leaks after some more rigorous tests I can put on the side panel and the room will be all but finished apart from painting the door.

Off to bed now as I'm absolutely knackered :-)

No comments: