Monday, September 17, 2012

Well that took ages

My mate dropped me a line as I was struggling with getting the side panel on the bath - it was about 1 or maybe 2 mm too large caused by one of my tiles slightly rising at the edge of the wall, just a fraction.  I tried to drill the tile but it almost caused my drill bit to burn out such is the nature of them.  So the next thing to do was to decide whether to shave a bit off of the bath or off of the side panel.  Well the side panel has a return on it that I reckoned could be sanded a bit but not taken away - so I took a little off of that - as much as I dare but it wasn't enough so had to work on the under sill of the bath return.   So far so good but it is in the corner and a plane wont reach neither would a rasp and my small sander could just about reach.  So I had to sand this thing down bit by bit and use my modelling knives to shave off small bits at a time.

It was then my colleague suggested that I " focus on the finish line."

I responded in kind with this:



Which was exactly like it felt after I worked for close to 4 hours to fit the damned thing.  It looks absolutely brilliant now though :-) The worst bit after the rubbing down and endless fittings was to lie on my back and fix the holding brackets to the bath.  Somehow the instructions were wrong once again and there wasn't 4 anchor points, just three so I had to "adapt" the 4th to make things work.  It looks a treat now and the bathroom is starting to look really good.  I managed my first shower this morning and was suitably impressed with it, the shower screen working well from the inside and keeping out the water yet it doesn't look terribly convincing from the outside.

Had a long chat with my business partner today and we discussed this - I had written to an old friend that " Doddle has changed the career landscape for me in many ways and so deciding what to do next is taking a little time."  We both agreed that things are not quite what we expected them to be at the moment but neither of us had any answers as of yet.  It was good, as always, to chat it through.  Both of us had cancer at the same time and we have an interesting set of similar experiences.  Onwards and upwards.  

No comments: