Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bank Holiday and Sssshhhhhh - the Sun is out

Well how about that - it is the Bank Holiday weekend and the sun is out and whilst it isn't overly warm it is quite pleasant out there.

It is the end of August and a strange thing happened this morning when my mail arrived and there is an investigation into a potential pension pot that I knew nothing about although the company rang a bell. I wonder if it is my old company that was bought out and that I was made redundant from about 3 years ago? It is in the same area and it was owned by a number of local businessmen. Perhaps it was - it will be interesting to see what will become of the investigation.

September looms large and that must mean it has been close to a year since my last BCG treatments - in fact I think they started a year ago Monday week as they missed the Bank Holiday Monday. It doesn't feel like a year has gone by though.

This week sees Steve Kelley having his next Judgement Day - a Poke and Peek cystoscope and some BCG to follow. We are hoping for a Hat-trick and that we all get to keep clear, move on and progress in the right direction.

My boss returns on Tuesday and somehow in the next two months we need to fit loads of work into the time. Unfortunately - my colleague is off on holiday which is OK but it means that I may have to pick up his work when I have a full workload myself. I have plenty of visits and presentations to write and deliver. It will be a challenge and I'm sure I'll be whinging about it.

L got a Sunday Job but the day she starts was the day we were meant to be at my parents which means they will have to come back a day early so she can start work. Its all complicated stuff, she passed all her exams and at the right sorts of grades and starts 6th form next Thursday. A is looking for a job and off touting her CV around at the moment. Her University doesn't start until the end of September and that is preceded by Freshers Week. I think we also have managed to satisfy the funding people that the company I used to work for (see above) no longer exists and so that, after months and months of messing about, looks to have cleared the way for A to get her funding. Crazy system and an utter nightmare to work through the intransigence of a poorly thought through business process - they should get a professional in there and sort out the exception process.

It is looking so good outside that I think I ought to get out there and grab some rays rather than being sat at my PC. Bye!

No comments: