Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting Ready for the Operation

I must remember to sort out my MP3 player and get myself set up with a book. Last time I wasn't expecting to be in overnight and I ended up with a catheter and an overnight stay. Depending on who performs this one and what they find when they peek inside will determine how long I am in for. I really don't want to be waking up to see myself all plumbed in to a load of bags as that will mean either they've puncture my bladder or they found tumours and cut them out.

I remain quite positive about this still. I like it that most people think that I am being very brave and good humoured about it all. I suppose I am - and I have to, there isn't really any other way of looking at it is there? You have to take it as it happens and I can't do anything about what they find inside.

I see that HK in Toronto had his Cystoscopy today so good luck to HK for a good result. It is nerve wracking and a bit like waiting to see if your lottery ticket has come up except that in this case you desperately hope it doesn't come up :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck David,got my fingers crossed and everything else., yeah your right about the lottery ticket scenario,,,I remember waiting for my first results,, and they were running 25 minutes late..