Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm Not Dead Yet

Those who know me and my sense of humour will be pleased to note that I wore my Monty Python "I'm Not Dead Yet!" Tee Shirt the morning after my operation much to the amusement of some of the medical staff.

I have to say one Doctor gave it a double take and actually walked back in. "It works on so many levels" I told him. And that it does.

I'm not dead yet, I'm very much alive and the news keeps getting better and better.

I learnt tonight that I may have to continue to have these full cystoscopies for the rest of my life but at varying frequencies although one authority recommends them yearly for the rest of life for high grade patients such as my case. I suppose if it means having those and staying alive most of us would come around to that way of thinking. But again, advances in medical knowledge may mean that it will change over time anyway. Who knows, I'm just glad that I'm still here 3 years after I thought I wouldn't be and I'm more upbeat after this operation than I have been in a while.

Anyway, I made my little statement and kept my sense of humour and as someone told me after they rang a few hours after I got out - I was still laughing and joking even though I felt rough. It's good medicine, you should try it sometime!

No comments: