Monday, July 04, 2011

It's my birthday

4th July - it's the same day every year :-) Another year older and a lot happier than I was last year. I was alright and a lot lighter than I am now but I hadn't had operation No. 9 at that point and was just about scheduled for a pre-assessment. Little did I know they were going to give me the worst of all 9 operations then :-)

Today though I'm really upbeat and quietly confident that I'm going to have a good July - no hospital for me. No more treatment just an inspection in December. I just need to work on my weight and getting back to do my exercises once again. It has been a difficult week this week but I feel that 2 weeks after the Operation is a good time to restart. My diet is OK but I need to beware of snacking but this week is a pain as I have two big meals coming up and I'm out on the beer on another night too. Oh well - after that there's isn't anything for the foreseeable so I should be OK to get back to my diet and exercising.

Glad I'm still here - 5 years on and beginning to enjoy myself a bit more at last.

1 comment:

Steve Kelley said...

Happy Birthday!